A blog about body image, dance, fitness, and positivity. Reflections on learning to love who you are right now and tips for working on changing things that no longer serve you on your journey.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Meditation for a Friday

Today is my last day of rest before I dive into my new schedule of teaching dance classes three times a week and leading troupe rehearsal twice a week. This weekend, I kick off my return to a crazy dance schedule by attending two intensive workshops -- one with Aziza of Montreal and one with Sera Solstice. I don't know which one I am more excited about!  Also, I will get to see some of my friends perform tomorrow night at the show -- go, girls!

I've been feeling conflicted about my messaging here -- is it simply about developing a positive body image or is it about changing my body so I can feel better about it? I saw this yesterday and it clarified a lot for me:


So the answer is both, and I'll try to keep that in mind as I'm sweating my ass off (and praying my knees don't decide to go sideways when I'm not expecting it).

Have an awesome weekend!

Progress report:
Combo 1, step 1: eating with empty hands -- 95%

No comments:

Post a Comment