A blog about body image, dance, fitness, and positivity. Reflections on learning to love who you are right now and tips for working on changing things that no longer serve you on your journey.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Eat Slow, Step 3: Small Bites

I'm getting closer to my goal of 100% compliance with steps 1 and 2 (eating with empty hands and chewing thoroughly), so it's time to slow it down even more -- small bites. I think this will be a real challenge for me, since part of what I love about eating is having a full mouth. On the other hand, feeling full sooner will probably be the one biggest step toward being a bit lighter. Given that I have a new-found love for really high heels, my knees and feet will definitely be thanking me when I'm putting less stress on them. But really, who could resist these?

Alexander McQueen Buckled Oxford Bootie
Anyway, I'm feeling super validated today because my baby steps have been working. I'm down 2.5 pounds this week, without changing much of anything about my eating or exercise other than slowing down. Being even a tiny bit more mindful has helped me feel more proactive, which seems to have bled over into everything else, because I had an amazingly productive week, despite all the stress.

Onward and upwards (or downwards!)

Progress report:
Combo 1, step 1: eating with empty hands -- 65% 
Combo 1, step 2: chewing completely -- 75%

No comments:

Post a Comment